Scuba lessons in North East Wales
Learn scuba lessons from the highly trained and experienced dive instructors at Southsea Scuba. Based in Wrexham, we offer our services across North Wales. Contact us today. Take a look at our gallery page to see photos of recent training sessions. We also offer specialty scuba courses.
1. All students participating in a PADI or SSI diver training programme are required to complete mandatory PADI or SSI course documentation in an honest and reliable manner. Any known medical conditions must be declared and notified to Southsea Scuba prior to the start of any water-based dive course. Failure to declare medical conditions in accordance with the PADI or SSI Medical Declaration form which then later becomes known will result in student suspension from the course until a satisfactory medical certificate has been gained. In the event of a suspension, Fees are not refundable. Southsea Scuba Have sole discretion to suspend a participant if we believe they are unfit to dive.
2. All PADI or SSI Courses require a 50% booking fee in advance and the final payment is due 24 hours before the first day of your course. The receipt of part payment and booking form will release your course materials. Postage will be charged if you require course materials to be sent out. Collection from the centre and e-learning delivery are free.
5. Included within the Course Fee is the following – Course materials as specified by PADI or SSI. Equipment Hire, Air and Cylinder hire, Instruction by a Qualified PADI or SSI instructor or Assistant Instructor. During the colder months, we will endeavour to put all students into dry suits subject to sizing, best fit and availability. For all courses where a dry suit is mandatory (Dry suit, Deep and AOW) if we do not have sufficient stock levels we will cover the hiring cost for a suit at the location of the dive. For courses where a dry suit is not compulsory, students may be kitted in a wetsuit unless an appropriate fitting dry suit is available.
|Pool/Confined Water||Additional Pool Time||Open Water||Additional Open Water|
|Open Water Diver||5 x 1.5 Hours Sessions (Maximum8 Hours)||£75 per 1.5 Hours||2 x 2 Open Water Dives||£120 max 3 dives per day|
|PADI Advanced Open Water||Zero||n/a||
5 x Open Water Water Dives
|£120 max 3 dives per day|
|PADI Rescue Diver||1 x 1.5 Hours Sessions (Maximum 3 Hours)||£75 per 1.5 Hours||2 x Open Water Dives||£120 max 3 dives per day|
|Speciality Courses||As per PADI or SSI Minimum Standard||£75 per 1.5 Hours||As per PADI or SSI Minimum Standard||£120 max 3 dives per day|
10. Should you need to reschedule a course or experience with less than the required notice period then a rescheduling fee will be applied. Rescheduling a course or experience with less than minimum notice will result in a rescheduling fee.
Pool Session £75 Per 1.5 hours. Open Water Session £120 Maximum 3 dives.
12. Failure to complete the entire course requirements for any reason caused by the student will result in additional charges being made to complete the course at a later stage. This includes not being able to demonstrate competence to meet the performance requirements as laid down by the PADI or SSI Course Standards. If you are not willing to pay the additional fees to complete your course, a referral document will be issued to you which will hold good for a period of 12 months from the date of the last portion of the course completed. Should the student require additional Confined Water or Open Water sessions, these will be charged at the schedule in item 7.